DiscoverDesign is an online platform for design professionals to impact the lives of teens in their communities and around the world. Volunteer as an online mentor to provide feedback, help motivate and direct teen design thinking through comments and discussion.
Mentors help motivate and direct teens’ design thinking through comments and discussion. Insight from ACED professionals helps guide teens towards real world understanding of design concepts and assists in producing better, more professional works that teens can add to a portfolio.
Are you a CIRT Design & Construction Competition ACE Mentor? Go to the CIRT Competition Homepage
Getting Started for Mentors
- Set up an account.
- Complete the registration form – under Role make sure to select Architect, Engineer, Designer, or Mentor. Choose the role that best suits your professional experience
- You will receive an email from DiscoverDesign, asking you to verify your account and set your password.
- A DiscoverDesign staff person will verify your account as a Mentor (usually within 24hrs)
- Once your status as a mentor has been verified, please check out the Mentor User Guide for more information about features available to you.
- Log in
Next Steps for Mentors
- After you have been verified as a mentor, you will have access to a Mentor dashboard where you can follow up on student projects.
- Help guide teens by posting feedback for their work to the comments section.