Announcing the 2017 National DiscoverDesign Competition
About the Competition
All of the following requirements must be submitted to the competition portal by 5:00pm CST on November 17 in order to qualify for jury review:
- Completed design challenge on DiscoverDesign A completed design challenge must include at least one description, one image per step of the design process, and a header image of your design
- One (1) overall image showcasing your final design (jpeg)
- URL to your completed design challenge
- Written statement (150-200 words) addressing: How does your design benefit the local community?
- Written statement (150-200 words) addressing: What materials have you included in your design and why?
To be eligible for judging, applicants must:
- Be at least 13 years of age by September 15, 2017
- Participants must be between 13-18 years old, and/or enrolled in high school.
- Complete all of the Submission Requirements detailed above
- Submit individually or as a team up to 5 students
- September 1: Competition opens
- November 30: *DATE CHANGED* Registration closes; Submissions due
- December 12: Jury day
- December 15: Winners announced
WINNERS & PRIZES
The jury will select ten finalists to compete for first, second and third place.
FIRST PRIZE: Economy-class roundtrip flight for 2 from within the 50 United States to the city of your choice, $100 cash prize & framed certificate
SECOND PRIZE: $250 cash prize & framed certificate
THIRD PRIZE: $150 cash prize & framed certificate
FINALISTS: Framed certificate
EDUCATORS: The primary sponsoring educator for the top three winners will receive a gift card for classroom supplies.
If you have any questions about the competition, Contact Us